Monday, August 18, 2008

Swimming Day

This past weekend I took the kids to our friends' Laurie and Brooke's house for a some swimming fun. The little ones had a great time in the kiddie pool while Megan and Brooke enjoyed swimming in the bigger one. We enjoyed a delicious lunch that Laurie prepared and just had a nice time in the sun, hanging out with friends. Of course, my thought was that the babies would take a nice, long afternoon nap when we got home. That didn't go quite as planned, so after trying for about an hour, we ended up heading to my mom's for more swimming, this time Tim, Megan, Hailey and Andrew cooled off with my mom in their pool! It was a great way to spend a beautiful summer day :-)
What happy swimmers. Molly will occasionally tolerate a sun hat, but Hailey will have nothing to do with one!

Our 5 kiddos altogether! I anticipate many pictures like this in the years to come :-)

Andrew, getting a mini shower from the big girls! He sure is a tolerant little guy!

Laurie, serving up the delicious BBQ salmon and yummy rice! I felt like I had a gourmet lunch, and I didn't even have to cook. Thanks Laurie :-)

Could this little girl be any cuter?

Andrew is contemplating the big pool.

We tried out one the floaties with Hailey and Andrew. I think the big girls had a great time, while Hailey wanted nothing to do with it and Andrew just sat back and enjoyed the ride :-)


The big girls had fun running around, playing in the Crazy Daisy! Oh, to be a kid again :-)

Well, that was our weekend. If you didn't catch the previous post, check out the slideshow! I finally figured it out!

No comments: