Well, we got the test results back from the her last labs and chest film. Her bi/carb, which I can only explain as having to do with how well she is ventilating, was 27. 28 is abnormal, so that, combined with a chest film that looked not as clear as the doc wanted, earned us a top spot on the swallow study schedule. However, Children's is booked out over two months so we will be heading to Valley in Renton to complete the test. Fortunately, the gal who administers them at Valley also works part time at Children's and was present at Molly's last test. So, she should have some recollection of her. I mean, who can forget a face like Molly's? We also started her on Pediasure just today to help boost her calories a bit and hopefully result in increased weight gain. She's been struggling a bit to keep her feeds down so I've been reducing the volume and feeding her more frequently. I was also advised to only feed her with a bottle if she is wide awake, so NG only at night. Hopefully, this ugly virus will skadaddle soon and we can start the road back to where she was before. Her weight today was 12 lb. 14 oz, which the doc was happy about since it was up a few ounces from her visit last week. Other than that, nothing else has changed. We have to wait and see what she does weight wise after NG comes back out. I just know that I cannot do that to her anymore. It's heartbreaking to see her look so sad and broken because of the trauma we put her through. When she wasn't as cognitively aware, it was much easier to accept! So, pray for Molly to be strong and grow big!
Thanks everyone :-)



2 comments:
Poor little pumpkin. Did they put you on an on-call list at Childrens for people who cancel last minute? We did that and got in for one in about 2 days...although had one day notice. I don't know how quickly you can get babysitting for the others if you get called in quickly. I can always sneak out of work and meet you at the hospital and take on the other 2-3 if you need someone. (I'll actually already be at CHMC for appointments on Thur & Fri...but the UW High Risk all day Wed)
I'll say a special prayer for her tonight...
Cindy
She's so sweet....Please know that she's in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment