Monday, March 3, 2008

New Business

Well, I don't have any new pictures to share today, but I bet you've been waiting for some updated info, so I will fill you in on what's been happening in our fort. Not too much, let me just say that! We've survivied the latest round of crud, getting by again without any antibiotics or trips to the hospital. We did have to take Andrew in to convenience care and then to see his regular doctor, but all is well. He had an ear infection that, blessedly, he was able to conquer on his own. I suppose that explains the sleepless nights and frequent fussiness. So unlike him!! Needless to say, it's been a long few weeks. Last night was the first night in weeks that all three babies slept from bedtime to their regular waking time, which is around 7. Before that, either Andrew or Hailey, sometimes both, would wake anywhere between 1 am and 5 am. Not my idea of a good time, but we survivied. Molly pretty much sailed through the cold with just a bit of fussiness here and there, but nothing to count! The only thing I noticed was she didn't take the bottle as well. However, after pulling her tube out today, she took a record 5 + ounces total for the afternoon! She was a champ. A couple of times she even took 40 mL, which is ten more than what she normally takes in a bottle feeding. Who knows, maybe we can be done with this feeding tube by 1 year corrected! She is going to be receiving some in-home feeding therapy soon, which I hope will move things along. In addition to that, all three are receiving OT, PT, and cognitive therapy in home as well! I tell ya, the blessings just keep on coming! Andrew is getting closer to sitting up and getting up on all fours, as is Hailey. She is working on moving from sitting to crawling position, but still hasn't figured out the forward motility concept. She pivots on her tummy and goes backwards! Molly is doing well with her rolling from front to back, in both directions now and she's getting stronger in the sitting position. Hopefully it won't be long now. And she has become quite vocal these days as well. It is so incredibly cute!

Well, that about covers the latest news. After Friday I'll have new weights, so I will definitely get those out to you. I will also try to get some new pics! Take care everyone :-)

No comments: