Wow, I'm really liking this BLOG stuff. It's so much easier than email. But I have to say, I miss the feedback I would get from emails! Anyway, things here seem to have gotten crazier than normal. I think all three of the babies are coming down with another little cold, as big sister Megan is just getting over one. So, we have three babies who just can't decide what they need or want, or they aren't getting what they need or want! Our perfect bedtime routine has gone out the window and now they take turns being the one who gets to stay up, or wake up, or just cause trouble. I remember doing this a couple months ago and I know it will be over soon. We were pretty lucky with Megan, as she was rarely sick, so this is all new to me. But hey, it's not the worst we've dealt with, so I suppose I just need to take it in stride, right???
On to Molly and her feeding. I don't know if it is the cold or if it was the 40 mL an hour, but she doesn't seem to be liking it much, which is fine because her nutritionist called today and told me I have the okay from her pulmonologist to start the 2 hour bolus feeds. They think this might even be easier on her tummy as she will have more time off the pump in between feeds and a smaller volume on the continuous drip at night. Her feeding schedule will be something like this:
8 pm to 8 am, continuous drip at 35 mL/hr. 11 am-70 mL/hr, 2 pm-70 mL/hr, and 5 pm-70 mL/hr. So, it will be a bit more cumborsome (sp.?) during the day but worth the trouble, as it moves her closer to a normal feeding baby. And hopefully she handles it and after about a week, I can start offering her the 70 mL from the bottle, rather than just an ounce. She is doing great so far, consistently taking an ounce the two times I offer it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. A month ago I had resolved myself to the idea that she would most likely end up with a g-tube! I'm feeling much more hopeful now!
The other exciting thing that happened today was Andrew and Hailey had their first experience with sippy cups! I read that now is the time to start introducing one, just letting them play with it and whatnot. Well, Andrew like it so much that he took about an ounce of liquid from it. So, that was fun. Molly looked at hers with wonder in her eyes, even held it by the handles, but not more than that. Maybe by the time they are a year corrected I can be done with bottles. Who knows????
Well, all for now! Take care everyone,
Heather
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
i love the blog! now we just need to get you to put a pictures up more often!
I hope everyone is feeling better soon! When everyone is back to normal, we'd love to still come see those babies - and Megan - and you! :)
Post a Comment