Monday, February 4, 2008

February 4, 2008

Hey everyone! I wish I had lots of exciting news to share, but mostly just updating on Molly's feeding progress. She is currently at 35 mL an hour/18 hrs., giving her 6 hours off. We take two 3 hour breaks and after 2 or 2 1/2 hours I offer her a bottle. For about 4 days now she has consistently taken about an ounce and half total from the bottle. Today, she took down the whole ounce in about 3 minutes! Keep in mind, this is above and beyond her daily needs, so she is taking in a little extra and keeping it all down. It has been nearly two weeks since her last spit up and we are loving it.

On another note, I recently took time to read through a story involving some former coworkers of mine. They have twin girls who are suffering from a rare kidney disease called Cystinosis. As I was reading through their CarePages story, I couldn't help but remember the feelings and struggles that we had in the beginning and how important and encouraging your support was. So, if you find you have a spare minute in your day, please send up a prayer or positive thought for Gracie and Emma and their parents. They are in the midst of a very long and trying journey and I know they would appreciate all the prayers you have to offer!

Well, all for now! I'm waiting to hear from Molly's nutritionist to see what the next step on her feedings will be. I'll keep you posted!

Heather

No comments: