Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weight check

Well, today Molly went in for a weight check because at her last follow up her weight gain was not so great. I'm happy to say that it was much better this time around. She gained 6 ounces in 14 days, which put her at an average of 14 g. a day. This is considered adequate for a baby like Molly, and on top of that, the doctor said her lungs sound great :-) So, after talking with the nutritionist and her pulmonologist at Children's, we have a new plan for her feeding. Today we changed her drip to 33 mL an hour times 19. We will do that for three days and if all goes well, we will then move up to 35 mL an hour times 18. So, hopefully she will tolerate these increases and prove that she is getting ready for full bolus feeds, which may be the next step. I'm not sure I heard correctly or completely understood, but I think the nutritionist said that once you get to 18 hours on, 6 off, the next step would be to do 12 hours at night and then 2 three hour boluses, or 3 two hour boluses during the day??? I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I will definitely be letting you know. The other good news is that today, Molly took down an ounce from the bottle in about 5 minutes! In case you don't know, this is huge for her! The nutritionist was very encouraged by this and feels that Molly is going to do just fine! All for now!!

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

You're doing such a great job of this! Thanks for the updates! :) Megan