Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Feeding progress

Well, yesterday I said I was waiting to hear from Molly's nutritionist and I finally did late afternoon. Since Molly is tolerating her current feeds so well, it sounds like it will be up to me what the next step will be. I can either put her on a 12 hour drip at night, 35 mL an hour, and do 3 two hour boluses during the day by NG, meaning 70 mL in an hour's time, or I can set her at 40 mL an hour/16, giving her 8 hours off. I told the nutritionist I would like to know thepulmonologist's thoughts before I made the decision, so until then, I'm going with the 40 mL an hour/16. I think she will do fine, but I want to do what is safest for her. As many of you know from experience, Molly doesn't like a lot of change at one time. So, we shall see. As for the other two lovelies, well, let's just say I think they are conspiring in the middle of day on how to best torment me throughout the night. For the last two mornings Hailey and Andrew felt it was necessary to wake up, oh, around 5 am and be up for the morning. Not to mention Hailey's middle of the night waking. I'm willing to bet there are some baby teeth in the near future for the McCann household. At least I hope so :-) Even Molly seems a bit "drooly" and irritable. And she's just not that way. So, who knows! Anyhow, last night I was hoping to have fixed the comments issue, but I'm seeing now that the "comments" link is missing, so I don't know what happened. I'll keep trying! Have a great day everyone!

Heather

No comments: