Friday, October 10, 2008

Good news, Good news, and Good news....

Well, Molly had her follow up appointment at Children's yesterday. I have to say, I didn't realize how much I was dreading it until it was over. As you know, her weight gain was a major concern the last time we were in, but I'm happy to report that things have improved.

Good news #1-Molly now weights 14.2 lbs. That's an average gain of 9 grams a day since July, and apparently for a 1 year old, that's on the high end. Of course, Molly is nowhere near a 1 year old, but her activity level is quickly approaching that of one, so it's expected that her weight gain would slow down. However, her linear growth was great!

Good news #2-Her lungs sounded as clear as could be and her work of breathing was minimal.

Good news #3-Both her pulmonologist and the nutritionist were satisfied with her progress and for now, we've dodged the g-tube again!

So, after a night of no sleep, compliments of Andrew, I went in expecting the worst but walked away very pleased and like a load had been lifted on my shoulders. Our next appointment will be in January, unless she takes a turn for the worse! But, I'm confident that won't happen! I was also relieved to hear the doc. share the same perspective I have when it comes to Molly...as long as she is progressing, she's doing well!

After our appointment, we stopped off at the NICU and visited some of our friends. Here are some pictures.....

Cutest girl ever.....

Hmm, looks like Molly is up to her old tricks!

Heidi and Chrissy getting their Molly loves...

Is she going after Chrissy's nose, or eye???

Uh oh...visit's over!

Chrissy, Heidi, Lisa, and the rest of the gang....it was great seeing you! We'll come again soon!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That Molly is just amazing! She warms my heart.

Erika said...

congrats on the steady weight gain! 14 lbs is GREAT! It must be such a relief. You and your kids are always in my thoughts and prayers.