Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Molly's 1 Year Post NICU

Well, we made it one year! So much has changed and although Molly's growth in her size has not been stellar, her physical and cognitive development has amazed her doctors, her therapists, and all the people who know her story! She came to us weighing just 15 oz., spent 7 1/2 months in the hospital, and finally came home to her family on October 29th, 2007. She weighed just over 8 lbs, did little more than smile and suck her pacifier. She was on oxygen, a feeding tube, and spent most of her day propped up on a wedge. I remember worrying that I wouldn't hear her cry in the night. Now, I sometimes long for those quiet days :-)

Homecoming Day!

One year later......

Today, she's averaging 14 lbs, depending on her eating habits for the day, she's pulling to knees, crawling on all fours, communicating with sounds and sign language, and doing her best to keep up with, if not surpass, her triplet siblings! We could not be prouder of our little miracle!

Here is a look at her first 19 months.


6 comments:

Cindy, Robby & Jacob said...

Words can't describe the feeling I get looking at her life. What a true miracle she is...what a fighter! God bless her and all the children!

~~Cindy~~

Anonymous said...

Oh my...yes she is lovely if I must say!!! I can't believe it has been 19 months! God has been so good to her and to all of us! Love ya! Auntie Brandi

Montieth Family said...

Someone forgot to tell Molly that she couldn't do it... She has been the true fighter since the moment she arrived! Keep on little lady. We all love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW simply amazing! Congrats on having her home for a year...what a milestone! I cant believe she was only 15oz, she sure is a miralce. What a pretty girl! How do you get those awesome videos to link on the blogs?

Anderson Family said...

What a little doll! We hope to see you guys in the near future. What about zoo lights? Would you guys venture out for the evening in December?? :)

Rachel said...

this is just amazing. what a miracle baby!