Okay, so I've been running this through my head for days now and I'm finally getting to it. Some of you know that I would love to write a book that shares our story with the triplets and all that surrounds it. So of course, I start reading up on how to write a book....and it says that one of the most important things you can do is write. Write about anything. And read. You know, in all my spare time :-) So, I've decided to have a little fun with the BLOG in hopes of one, making it more interesting, and two, practicing my writing. Bear with me as I tread this new ground. I will try to be funny at times, emphasis on try, reflective at others, and sometimes just plain old me. Plus, the pictures are becoming a bit redundant, I'm sure! This will add variety!
I've decided to call this first post of my new endeavor "Things I've Learned"
What have I learned from my time with multiples?? I've learned......
*how to bathe and diaper three babies in under 10 minutes
*that one baby was a walk in the park
*who my real friends are
*how to accept help
*to turn the computer off and go to bed
*that I'm capable of way more than I ever thought
*that children are forgiving
*how to have faith
*that prayer works
*to toss out schedules and rely on routines...afterall, babies are unpredictable but love predictability
*to put a diaper on a sitting baby
*that size doesn't always matter
*that "normal" is a relative term
*how to celebrate the smallest victories
*that perfect comes in different shapes and sizes
*to let the house go...sometimes
*that sweeping the kitchen floor three times a day is to be expected
And lastly, I've learned....
*that patience and flexibility are equally virtuous!
If you become too focused on the "What's supposed to happen", you will likely miss your child's cue of what he or she needs to happen.
So, in answer to the ever-asked question "How do you do it?", that is it. I rely on routines and systems, and I pay attention to my children and what they need, not what they "should" need.
Alright, task accomplished. I hope I didn't bore you and that you found some enjoyment from reading my reflections. Till next time......



1 comment:
excellent.
Post a Comment