Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Farm

Today I took the kids down to my sister and brother-in-law's place where they are building a new house. Megan has always loved going there and often calls it "The Farm" because they have lots of animals. She hasn't been down for a while because they haven't been living there during construction. Plus, they have 10 new ducklings that Megan just had to see. So, we ventured out and I thought I would share a few pictures.

Meet the ducklings....
Molly was very curious about this little moving thing.
Hailey was quite eager to pet the duckling!
Just as with the zoo, Andrew was enthralled with the animals.
It's not very often that Molly sees things smaller than her that actually move!
Meet Bubba, the goat...
Megan always wants to feed Bubba when she goes to Auntie Brandi's house.
Molly isn't quite sure about this.
Andrew wants to be Bubba's friend. They share a namesake, sort of!
Meet the resident criminals....let me share a sad story!
These two ducks are former ducklings of the former mother of the new ducklings. I say former mother because she is no longer with the Gwin family. They aren't quite sure exactly what happened, but shortly after the babies were born, Angel, the mother, passed on due to injuries thought to be inflicted by the above suspects. The suspicion is that these two hoodlums were trying to get to the babies and Angel did what any good mother would do....she sacrificed to protect her children. Well, when Mr. Gwin returned home and found the victim, the two suspects were quick to make their exit. Given the facts surrounding this unfortunate event, it isn't hard to draw the likely conclusion! Tell me, what do you think? Fortunately, the ducklings have a safe home under a nice warm heat lamp and doing just fine. As for the suspects??? Their fate is yet to be determined!

2 comments:

Mrs. Montieth said...

Your new camera is great! I love reading the updates and living vicariously.. :)

Anonymous said...

I just got all caught up on the McCann happenings! So glad Molly has pulled through--last I had checked, only Hailey and Tim had had the yucks. That icky bug is just finishing it's rounds at our house, too. You must have been exhausted after all those poor little sick babies!! The new camera (and you!) take(s) great pictures!! Guess what?! Violet loves black licorice, too! Too funny. The kids look absolutely beautiful!