Monday, May 4, 2009

March for Babies, 2009

Here is a look at our March for Babies event this past weekend. It was such a great success and we couldn't have asked for a better day to walk. We raised over $4000, earning us a 5th place finish for family team fundraising. I didn't even know we were competing :-) We had 38 walkers, including all the kiddos, and it felt amazing to be surrounded by so much support and love! I am so proud of the Miracle McCanns and the effort that was put into raising money so that we could make a difference for babies and their families.
The Wall of Love, Hope, and Rememberance is where families can share their stories and pictures. Every year that I stand at that wall, tears well up in my eyes, both for the blessings I have received and for the families that have experienced heartache. No one knows why some babies survive and others don't, so having my children with me reminds me everyday that miracles do happen.

I'm already thinking ahead to 2010 and looking forward to doing bigger and better things for the March of Dimes. It's so gratifying to know that we are giving back in a way that truly makes a difference.

Thank you all for joining us on this journey. I hope you enjoy the pictures, but trust me, they are nothing compared to being there!


3 comments:

Tammy said...

Heather-
Thanks so much for including us in the March for Babies! We had a great time. The video of the pics is wonderful, are you good at everything?!!!! Congrats to your family for your precious "Miracles," we are all better for knowing them and you....

Tammy Rhodes

Laurie said...

It was a great experience and we're so glad to be a part of it!

Elizabeth Horn said...

i wish i could have been there.