Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 08

Well, I'm finally getting the Christmas post completed. As you know, it's been a whirlwind around here so it took awhile to get this done. Our Christmas was enjoyable, despite the runny noses, coughs, and eventual RSV. We spent Christmas Eve morning with Tim's family, having breakfast and opening gifts for the kids. This year we decided to exchange books and I think it turned out to be perfect. The kids really enjoyed the books they received and spent a good part of the late morning with their noses buried in pages! That evening, after naps for the little ones, we ventured over to my cousins' house to eat more food and have a little fun opening gifts. The kids opened their pjs from Grammy and Grampy and a few things from their cousins. We spent a good amount of time chasing Andrew around, but that's pretty much par for the course. And despite Hailey being on the verge of really getting sick, I think the kids did a great job. The next morning, we welcomed my dad, sister Sarah, nephew Jake, and the newcomer, Jon! My sister Brandi and brother-in-law Tom also stopped by. The kids opened their stockings and gifts and then we ate an early batch of Taquitos-thanks dad! Later on, Tim's sister Lisa and her husband Sunny came over and we pretty much just relaxed and enjoyed the day. Of course, I took way too many pictures so I tried to narrow them down.
I hope you all had an enjoyable holiday and that you find many blessings in the new year!

3 comments:

Christy Kehr said...

Great pics:)I love the book idea! Look at Molly on the go-almost 3 walking-that is awesome.

Laurie said...

Great photos! I love the matching jammies and all going up the stairs to get Megan! Love the book idea too! Nice work.

Erika said...

Hey Heather
Happy New Year
I was just checking in and saw all the updates on the RSV! I hope everyone is doing better and on the mend. From what I have heard the RSV is so scary.
Sarah had a chronic ear infection (lasted 5 weeks) and 2 days after it finally cleared up she came down with a gastro thing and had to be admitted for that. Luckily is was only 2 days and it passed, but not before she gave it to my hubby and I, ugh.
I love the snow man pictures and seeing your kids and how cute they are.