Saturday, October 23, 2010

Road Trip Cont....

Day 4: The Bluffs and Santa Barbara Zoo
My aunt, sister and I walked up a dusty trail to reach this lookout point. The area is called The Bluffs.
Just over that piece of land is UC Santa Barbara.
Smile...I just got a job! Literally, I had just hung up the phone with the principal who offered me the temporary full-time teaching position!

Just a cool place to take a picture!
Santa Barbara Zoo...probably the neatest zoo I've been to. Well, it's a close race with Santa Ana zoo, but this was right by the beach!

A stare down with a bird...
Such a cool looking animal that I don't think I had seen before!
Group shot...Yes, I took all these kids to the zoo by myself! Good thing Jake came along!
Yep...that's Elephant poop!
Tired kiddos making their way up the stairs!
Looks like we found the monkey...
...make that Monkeys!
Another group shot!
Such a big girl now!
Flamingos
A turf covered hill and pieces of cardboard...GENIUS!



Ready to Roll...too bad we were on our way out :-)

One of my chicks...



We had such a great time at the zoo. I think it was possibly my favorite day of the whole entire trip!
Days 5-12...to be cont.!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I love going to different zoo's just to see how different from our zoo's. Your kids looked liek they had so much fun with you! We miss you!