The little ones had their first visit to the dentist today. It went quite well, better than I was anticipating. We decided to go with a pediatric dentist given the oral issues and concerns about the effects of prematurity on teeth. The dentist and assistants were very nice and helpful and overall it was a pleasant experience. We'll see what happens in 6 months when the next visit rolls around :-)
Pure anticipation...this was Hailey's expression the entire time!


As you can see, Molly wasn't exactly looking forward to this visit. 3 doc visits in 8 days...a little much for Miss Molly!
This is not the best picture, but Andrew did very well and tolerated the exam just fine.

Hailey also did a good job. It was nice that the dentist let them stay in the stroller while he looked at their teeth. I think it made it a bit more comfortable for the kids.
Molly was the hardest, just because she doesn't like anything foreign in her mouth. The picture actually looks worse than it was. Having her sit on my lap and lay back gave the dentist a better view and easier access inside that little mouth of hers! She survived and quickly forgave the whole ordeal!
I'm glad it's over, but it really wasn't all that bad! I'm getting pretty good at carting these little people to dr. appts.!



1 comment:
I am relieved it went well for you.
Post a Comment